2012 Early Indicator Reports
The primary purpose of the 2012 Indicators Report and the accompanying training packet is to help districts and campuses understand how each of the performance indexes will be constructed when the 2013 performance results are made available this summer. The 2012 Indicators Report also provides the following information for each district and campus:
- 2012 results that identify the two race/ethnicity student groups that will be evaluated in Index 3: Closing Performance Gaps in 2013; and
- 2012 results that will be used for small numbers analyses in 2013 that require combinations of two years of data. Note that the 2012 results will also be used for small numbers analyses that will be conducted in 2014 that require combinations of three years of data.
These reports are for information only!
As of August 29, 2013, the 2012 assessment data is available to download.
The Training Packet: How to Calculate a Performance Index Score is designed to provide step-by-step instructions on using the 2012 Indicators Report to create overall performance index outcomes based on the indicators shown in the report. The packet also includes:
- Cautions on Using the 2012 Indicators Report to Predict 2013 Performance Index Outcomes;
- Information on the new Consolidated Accountability File (CAF); and
- Calendar of 2013 State Accountability Ratings Releases.
A Glossary of indicator methodology and definitions is also available.
The Masking document explains the use of special symbols to "mask" or conceal the results when very few students are in a performance category, in order to comply with the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).